Thursday 27 November 2008

Washing Dishes in New Zealand


In Japan, when people wash dishes after meal, people use detergent (cleaner, soap) and then flush bubbles. It is very natural and a lot of people do so. However in New Zealand it is not. How to wash dishes in New Zealand is surprised for us.
First, they store hot water in the kitchen sink and add detergent. They wash dishes in there. By this step, it is not so strange, but the next step is the problem. They don’t flush bubbles! They dry dishes at now or they wipe them without flushing bubbles. People from other countries are surprised and ask them, but they say just ‘No problem! It’s OK.’ It may be not easy for us to accept this custom. In fact people in other Western Europe countries do same.
If you want to know more, please click here! You will find very interesting information, I am sure.

4 comments:

ayaka said...

New Zealnd and Japan have a lot of different custom. I was surprised!
Your link is very interesting.

miyu-x said...

Sounds interesting! I was surprised at this difference. Does it become clearer than Japanese do? I want to try it, because it is easier than Japanese way!

natuii said...

I was surprised at that custom.Dishes with bubbles...If I saw that scene,I could not help washing them.

mew said...

I have exparienced the custom when I stayed in Australia. I learned this custom is same in New Zealand. I was very surprised.